Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday 20th December 2009…..a quiet day

This is what the real meaning of Christmas is for me…..My great friends in Nanaimo, Annie and Gordie, heard about a single Mum and her children who were struggling for Christmas.  They rounded up their neighbours and bought food, clothes and toys for the family and Annie e mailed me about a problem they had.

In their house they have a large and heavy bed settee that they would like to get to this family but no way of getting it there or being able to lift it.  I immediately thought of the Anderson BOYS!!!!   The kids of Heather and Kirby, where I stayed for the summer.  I phoned Heather and of course her response was a big yes!!

Well it happened this morning, turned into a family affair so thanks to Annie and Gordie, Heather and Kirby, Ben and Zach and not forgetting the tallest Notley kid, Stephen,  the bed was moved and all is well in that part of the world.  Don’t I just have the best friends??

annie

I have been getting complaints from some readers about the lack of Sara photos….may I just remind you whose blog this is and if you are not satisfied with photos of me……..sorry got carried away there…OK enough..here she is!!!!

thurs 003

This was where it all started..I remember this photo taken on the deck of her house and clinic in Kyuquot…,we were playing backgammon and of course she won….the trend had started!!

I spent the afternoon alternating between reading, sunbathing, cleaning Ramona and Bonita.  It has been a huge hit having the scooter it gets me everywhere even up the hill where Sara and I couldn’t make it, now don’t make any assumptions here!!!!  The only problem is the ride down to the casa here is cobbled and it is a little bit bumpy, that is an understatement it is very bumpy.

Tonight I ate meatloaf that I made for myself it tasted quite good then a good old fashioned live hockey game for the evening.

Happy Sunday to all…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...