Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday 11th December 2009…road trip

Let me catch up from yesterday before I write about today…..

So Thursday morning Sara had a tennis lesson here at the RV park.  I don’t know if I have mentioned that there are three clay tennis courts here that are well used.  Anyway one of my losing bets was to get Sara a lesson and she really enjoyed the one hour of whacking a ball!!!!.

day29 006

I drove up to Linda and Guy”s home and had a visit with them and left the car there and walked back.  Obviously this was way too much for me because when I got back my favourite lounger was free and before long I was gone…

day29 010

The next thing I know if this familiar voice calling my name and there were my friends who live in Campbell River, Norma and Croft.

It was great to see them and because their motor home is over 30 feet it couldn't get in the gate here so they are in another RV park about ten minutes away.

They got to meet Sara for the first time and then we decided to go out for supper to the steakhouse and had a great evening.day29 013

Norma and Croft are going to be in SMA for a month so that will be nice and I am sure we will have some good times together.

Then it was time for the nightly game this time scrabble and even Sara is now getting embarrassed at all her wins she is trying to be incognito!!!!

day29 002 YES that is a 20 dollar bill she is holding!!!

This is really getting too much for me…so I foolishly challenged her to another game…

Same result…

day29 015

different celebration!!!!   You think I would learn by now..anyway that was Thursday now onto today.

Linda and Guy wanted to get Sara and I a Christmas gift and they decided on paying for a day trip to Guanajuato with Jaime as our guide and driver.  I have had trips with Jaime before and he is so great and his local knowledge makes the trips so much more interesting.  Thank you so much Linda and Guy!!!

Jaime came for us at 9 am and about one hour later we were marvelling at this view!!

day30 005

day30 004

There is a great deal of history of the city and of this manday30 007 El Pipila!!  Please check the Internet and read up if you wish.

Jaime is so knowledgeable and knows all about the history of the area and his English is better than mine.day30 022

The following are some photos of the city….day30 035 day30 037

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

day30 034

 

day30 044A very sad sight!!

 

day30 079The kisssing alley!!

The legend goes that if you kiss someone on these steps you have seven years of good luck……maybe I might win a game tonight!!!!

day30 080

 

day30 064

The next stop was

day30 063

This was a fascinating stop and we learned about his work and a lot of them were like three dimensional works.  You look at the painting from the left side and then the right side and it appears to have have moved, quite amazing.

day30 065

This is a replica of his famous mural in Mexico City.

No day would be complete for Sara without a visit to a market!!!day30 073

One bowl, one serviette holder and one spinning top later…day30 050

day30 046

A Christmas tree made solely of Poinsettiasday30 060

We even had the chance to see the Parliament in session.  Better behaved than those in Canada!!!day30 059

About 2.30 pm and time for lunchday30 093 Jaime and Sara

day30 094

and our meals!!

day30 098

day30 097

Sara always washes her hands after a meal!!!day30 101

The last stop was to the outside of a working gold mine.day30 102

The old foundations…who is that on the wall

day30 104

could it be…….Her Winningness???

day30 105

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am offering a prize of a free life time membership to my blog for the best caption to this photo!!!!!  I know what mine would be but I am afraid to print it!!!

day30 112

A nice photo for the last one.

day30 109

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Linda and Guy…..Sara and I want to thank you so much for a wonderful gift that will stay with us for a very long time!!!!!

We didn’t get back till 6pm and it was a memorable day and now the games begin….

Tomorrow morning we leave the RV park and go over to Linda and Guy’s beautiful casa as they are going to be visiting their family in the USA for 2 months.  So I shall be house sitting, a tough job I know.

Sara leaves early Monday morning so we shall have a couple of days to enjoy the house and the neighbourhood.

Sorry for the long post hope you had had much reading it as we did experiencing the days.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...