Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wednesday 18th March…..travel day

 

With very mixed feelings I left SMA this morning, I have spent a total  of over over 10 weeks here and it is a place that I have become to like very much and one I will be anxious to back to next winter,  of course high on that list is my two girls.

The plan was today to drive to Tonala which is just outside of Guadalajara.  Tonola is famous in Mexico for having a huge outdoor market every Thursday and Sunday, so tomorrow I shall be shopping.

The drive was on slow twisty highways for the first part then it became toll roads.  I have not met a strawberry stand that I can drive by with out stopping.  I bought the small basket for less than 4 dollars, that includes the basket.IMG_4994

I saw this sign off the main highwayIMG_4995 so decided to give it a try.  As the road narrowedIMG_4997 I was beginning to question my judgement but continuedIMG_4996

turned out not too bad and soon I was here.IMG_4999

IMG_5000

These ruins were of course quite small to the ones I have previously seen but still really interesting.  The best part for me was that I was the only person there .IMG_5004

IMG_5006

They all seem to have something similar and that is the ball court and stands.IMG_5003

IMG_5011

IMG_5013

IMG_5019

This lady I didn’t have the heart to ask to take her picture she looked so old and fragile sitting under the tree,  by her feet were some branches bundled together that I presume she had collected.IMG_5020

It was an interesting side trip and I was soon back on my way to Tonola which is where I am writing this.

I must admit I came upon the town before I even knew it as I intended to park outside the town but too late.  So I actually drove through the town and have found a side street to park for the night.

I am not 100% happy with this location but Ramona is all geared to move off quickly if I have to but hopefully a quick start will not be needed.

So the plan is to stay here the night then get a bus into the market in the morning then come back and drive down to Barra de Navidad tomorrow.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...