Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday 19th March….travel day two

My apprehension about where I was parked last night

IMG_5022 was for naught, I was fine.  Woke up and took the bus into

IMG_5028

and spent about one hour in the market.IMG_5023 IMG_5024

IMG_5027

I then took a taxi back to Ramona and began the trip through Tonola the town was pretty busy.

IMG_5029

IMG_5031

In nearly all the towns in Mexico if, like me, you have dual rear wheels you have to drive the laterals.  What that means is that the main like you see in the photo above is on the left, then the trees and then the lateral, the lane that I am in, this is where you have to travel with all the crazy local bus drivers.

I made it out OK and then into the huge city of Guadalajara.  This city has not been good to me in past visits, but MALCOLM, my lovely brother, I made it with out a navigator and for the first time did not get lost.IMG_5033

IMG_5037

IMG_5035

After about 45 minutes of hard city driving I was onto more peaceful roads.  I do not know how those people  with those big 41 foot diesel pusher motor homes, towing a car make out in these cities.

Quiet roads..IMG_5038

IMG_5052 IMG_5058

Some of the sights along the way.IMG_5049

IMG_5057

IMG_5056

One of the rules I have made for myself is that when ever I see something and I say to myself shall I stop or not, I ALWAYS stop and I am glad because this was one of the most lovely squares and churches I have seen.IMG_5040

IMG_5041

IMG_5042

IMG_5045

About 5 hours later I was turning off for my destination Barra de Navidad.IMG_5060

The reason for making the detour to come here is because my special friends Barb and Frank, who you know we have hooked up together about 5 times this trip in Mexico and other great friends Joy and Colin and Lynne, were all in this town for this month.  So I decided I would have a quick whirlwind visit.  Tomorrow we have planned just to party all day.

So here is Joy, Barb, Frank and Lynne

IMG_5061

IMG_5062 Chef Colin

IMG_5065

What has become a tradition Joy giving me the best haircut by the pool.IMG_5063

This is for all those people who say are you safe in Mexico, won’t you get robbed?IMG_5039

The blue plastic bowl I have is too big for me so I bought a smaller one and this one I just put behind my ladder, not tied up or anything just resting there.  I am waiting for some one to steal it!!!!!!!  So far I have waited 5 weeks!!

Awesome day with wonderful friends….Pura Vida to all

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...