Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuesday 24th March…take me out to the ball park!!!!!

Woke up to a cool but sunny morning and after having breakfast with Charlotte and Brent and then walking the girls I was on my way by 845am heading to Phoenix.IMG_5192

I know I said it the other day but the GPS is such a great addition and I just programmed the address of the ball park and listened to the directions and about 2 hours later I arrived at the spring training ground of the Seattle Mariners baseball team.IMG_5196

I was totally impressed with everything connected with this event, the parking staff, the shuttles to take you to the beautiful stadium.

I was there early so went to purchase my ticket.  Without being too swell headed I do know how to turn on the charm and can be quite good at it when necessary.  At the ticket window I told the young lady in my best British accent, this was my very first baseball game and I just wanted the best ticket she could get for me.  She gave me a big smile (see my charm was an instant success) and told me I had two great choices and I responded with you pick for me which she did.  She told me to be careful and watch out for fly balls (Yes I do know what a fly ball is) and I smiled and told her I had already put bug spray on!!!!  I told her I was kidding and gave her a Canadian key chain.IMG_5195

Went back to Ramona and sat out in the sunshine waiting for game time.

Back to the stadium

IMG_5200and  found the IMG_5199

I wanted to immerse myself in the baseball culture and went to buy a hot dog, fries and a coke BUT when I saw the prices 

IMG_5198I decided I wasn’t really big on culture!!

The stadium was very neat and my seat was awesome, this is the view from my seat.IMG_5206

Shots of the action and field.IMG_5202 IMG_5208

IMG_5210 IMG_5214

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5215

IMG_5217

It was a great afternoon and I enjoyed all the aspects of the event.  I was soon on my way to a town called Cottonwood where I am spending the night.  It is close to Sedona where I am going hiking tomorrow.

I have a great e-book which lists free areas in the boonies where you can park and I used the book to find this place about 4 miles out of town.  There are about 6 RV’s none closer than 100 feet and it is very quiet, safe and lovely.IMG_5221

IMG_5226

So ends another great day!!!

I am going to be spending the next couple of days out in the Grand Canyon and feel pretty sure there will be no Internet so hold on for  lots of blogs in a couple of days…if you don’t here from me by Sunday pay the ransom demand!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...