Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A little cooler and windier this morning and I decided I would try and find the huge outdoor market on the bus. This proved to be quite easy and the market was typical so many tables selling almost everything. The smells, the bustling of the locals looking for bargains and the selection of fruit, vegetables and things I don’t even know what they are. I couldn’t pass by the strawberries without buying some more; my freezer will be full of them soon.
I walked back into town and took some different routes and eventually finding the Mirador or lookout offering views of the whole valley, the lake and of course the main church still the centre of attention.
My friends in Puerto Penasco, Linda and Guy bought a home here two years ago and they hope when they sell their restaurant this summer their move here will be permanent. They had given me the number of their friend Jaime, who is a tour guide and also takes care of their casa.
I met up with Jaime later on this afternoon and he was kind enough to drive me out and show me the home and what a beautiful home it is. Jaime then took me on a small tour of the city and I have booked a tour with him on Friday to go to another city about 45 miles away.
When I got home last night from the movie, which was excellent, a new arrival in a trailer was parked next to Ramona and imagine my shock and delight when this morning I met the owner, a delightful young lady from Chicago. We introduced ourselves and chatted a while.
I had planned to go to a live play at a local theatre tomorrow night and so I asked my new neighbour if she would like to go and she said yes. So it will be so nice to have some company tomorrow for dinner and a play.
Another lovely day, blessings..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...