Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where in the world, certainly not in my country, could seven or eight kids play for over 45 minutes sliding down a wall with out anyone shouting or pushing or crying? It was fun just to watch them and join in their joy!!
Today like just about every third day in Mexico, is a celebration. Today was the blessings of the animals. At 5pm at the church just around the corner from the park the locals brought their assortment of dogs and birds and waited outside the main door of the church and just after 5pm the door opened the priest came out blessed the animals and sprinkled them with holy water and went back inside the church. It was over in like 30 seconds and was so funny to see.

The rest of the photos are just taken in the square whilst waiting for the animal blessings. I love the old lady shuffling her way home and the eyes of the young kid and I was wondering what he was thinking about as he stared right at me!!

Spent the afternoon with some more friends of Linda and Guy and went to see two houses they are in the process of having built. Whilst they were talking to the architect I spent the time watching the tile man placing tiles on the dining room floor. The handy man that I am not, I was just amazed how he would lay these huge tiles and the very basic tools he would use, they are artists in their work.

Last night was a nice evening the dinner was wonderful and the play wasn’t. The script was very weak and the acting leaving a little more to be desired. The actual theatre was quaint, small about 50 seats in a very old stone building.

Tomorrow is a day’s outing I have booked a trip to a city about 45 miles away that comes highly recommended….you see I can write about the day without mentioning the lovely sunny weather!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...