Thursday, January 24, 2008

 


This was the hardest day of driving to date. I left Playa Azul this morning at 8am and the first 4hours of driving was on small, narrow and curvy roads, so narrow that I stopped and pulled my nearside mirror in because I was a little apprehensive about it getting knocked because I was so close to the side of the road and the bushes ect. There was wasn't much traffic but I had to have my wits about me on the roads. I did stop at a couple of places and took some of the scenic pictures.

I also got pulled over at a military check point and the young soldier was very polite and wanted to see the inside of Ramona, although I don't know why he just came inside, with his big dirty boots on!!!, and only looked in the bathroom and I was on my way. The roads improved after this and I arrived in Melaque around 4pm.

There is an RV park very close to downtown and on the ocean and I was lucky to find the last small space available. So Ramona is settled in for one week, she is about 50 yards from the ocean, which is good I am told for her complection, and the facilities are first class although the spaces are a little tight.

The weather is hot, sunny and lovely and I intend to be a beach bum for a few days and already had a swim this evening. I have friends in town here so it will so nice to connect with them again.

Life is beach true for me for a while Pura Vida..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...