Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday 12th September 2016.....I have not had one of these for over 16 months....a Pearson Day!!!!

The


defines the new word Pearson Day as:
A day when you reflect on your life, your treasures, your blessings, your mistakes....
A day when you talk to no one, no driving, no distractions....
A day when you think of your friends some of whom are going through some hard times...
A day when you think of your future....
A day when you count your blessings and meditate with a long hike......

Today was a Pearson day for me!!!

Because of the late night tennis watching I slept in till 8.45 am and made a cup of tea and came back to bed with the computer....
Some peaches and yogurt for breakfast and then cereal....
Sorted out my suitcase yes again!!!!
Made a route for my drive tomorrow....
Read some of my novel.....
By 1 pm I was ready for my hike and I walked about 500 yards through this lovely town down to the ocean.....I have to smile when ever I am around my brother and say ocean he immediately tells me it is not an ocean but a sea!!!!
Let the Internet decide!!

Difference Between Sea and Ocean

Difference-Between-Sea-and-Ocean
Advertisements
A lot of people are usually not familiar with the difference between the sea and the ocean and this is the reason why they call both of these names for the same thing. However, there is a big difference between both of them and all it needs is a little study that can help differentiate between sea and ocean. The most common difference between the seas and the oceans is that the seas are usually smaller in size than the oceans and most of the times they are located where the land meets with the ocean. However, the difference between the sea and the ocean is:

Sea VS Ocean

Ocean:

When it comes to talking about the ocean, it is actually a very big expanse of the salt water that usually covers the three quarters of the surface of this earth. The oceans are always bounded with the continents or the equator as well or there can be a lot of other imaginary lines as well. There are seven biggest oceans on this world and they are known as the Arctic Ocean, South Pacific Ocean, North Atlantic Ocean, South Atlantic Ocean, South Pacific Ocean, Antarctic Ocean and the Indian Ocean. All these seven oceans of the world together are names as the world ocean. So, the oceans can never be known as seas as because of the big different among them.
Advertisements

Sea:

On the other hand, when it comes to the definition of the sea, it is the body of the salt water that is always surrounded by land on all of its sides. A sea can also be a part of one of the ocean like the Caspian sea and the Dead sea are known all over the world as the large saline lakes that are seen surrounded by land. The most popular seas of this world include the Mediterranean Sea, Caribbean Sea, Dead Sea, Red Sea, Baltic Sea, Bering Sea, North Sea, Coral Sea, Black Sea, Yellow Sea and so many more. However, the largest seas of the world include the Caribbean Sea, the South China Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.

Differences:

These are the basic differences between the oceans and the sea
Advertisements
  • Sea if the sub-part of the ocean
  • Sea is smaller than the ocean
  • Ocean is the larger bed of sea that Is spread while sea is the smaller part of ocean
  • The ocean is a body of saltwater that covers the 71% of the earth, while the sea if the subdivision and it is a smaller body of the salt.
  • Oceans are deeper as compared to the seas.
Glad we have that sorted.....I started the hike at the harbor







and then hiked to the end of this far point all along the cliff tops it was lovely!!!



What a hard life these pioneers had to endure...
You know by now my joy at seeing arrows on the route and the memories they conjure up for me!!

Very close to a golf course
my great zoom....

Just lovely peaceful and clean vistas....



I will let you decide if I took this route or not.....I know what you are thinking Linda!!!!!!




Again another zoom shot this rig was  a good way from the land...

OK this next one needs some explaining...I freely admit to many faults one of the big ones which would annoy anyone I am with because it even annoys me is my inability to follow directions, not to pay attention and take wrong turns time after time and yet as I say that I have spent the last 10 years hiking, driving thousands of miles and always got to where I intended to go but not necessarily in good time!!!
Another problem I have is I tend not to pick up my feet when hiking and often stumble well this morning I did a complete roll over tripped over a branch and completed a perfect forward roll with an artistic impression worthy of an Olympic medal...the issue was that I carry my camera in my hand with a wrist strap and as I fell the automatic reaction is to put the hands out but lucky I saved the camera and completed the roll and finished up flat on my back.....I really should not jest about this because it just reminds me that things can happen in a flash and accidents can endanger life...
the end result..

Love the beach huts!!!
I reckon I hiked about 6 miles and just a little pain in my middle finger...had a nice long hot shower some soup for dinner and now going for a visit with my hosts next door and back in time for a live soccer game from England at 8.00 pm........

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Life with Lynnie said...

I feel badly that you fell. Hopefully, you won't feel bad when you wake up, after sleeping the night. I'll pray. Blessings, Lynn

mexicokid said...

no good as new this morning well as good as an old man can be thanks...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...