Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday 17th July 2013…a busy day!!!

Well the start of a busy day and first on the list was picking up Paola and I did at 10am we went to the store and bought the supplies they needed for the fencing class this afternoon…..we bought three water bottles and three of those foam swimming noodles…we then went back to her house and made sure that she and Leonardo and Andreas knew what clothes they had to wear…I did want to take them to the first class but I decided that it was time for Paola to take some responsibility so I took her to the building where the class was and gave her money and told her what time she had to be at class and for her and the boys to take a taxi.

I then came home for lunch and off to poker…Chris and Juan were having lunch in the restaurant and I asked them if they played poker and they both said no so I invited them to play….of course they said no!!!  We have arranged to meet tomorrow afternoon.

I was a big winner again with 80 pesos coming my way….I then went down town to the class where the kids were and watched for an hour…they had such a great time it was a joy to see…the classes are three times a week for 2 hours…

DSCF0389

DSCF0397

DSCF0390

The outfits that Leonardo above and Andreas below are wearing are wonderful gifts from Linda and Guy (they also bought Paola a lovely top and her older brother some really cool shades….thanks and all the children said in English…”thank you”)

DSCF0400

DSCF0393

Before we went home we stopped at the Pollo Feliz and I bought them 2 whole cooked chickens to take home and they all wanted to keep their noodles to practice tomorrow!!!

Back home there was some bad news the 2 young sisters that are in the down stairs casita for a month were mugged on their walk home on the footpath track behind the house…fortunately they were not hurt but their bag was stolen with their personal stuff in including their keys…I have spare keys for their casita but the front main door key was also in the bag so naturally they are upset about their safety here..so I checked with the other tenants and none of us are going out tonight so there is a huge iron bar that can be used to secure from the inside the main door and I have called the locksmith to come tomorrow…such a shame this happened to them I and many people use this path often.

So it was a busy day but such a blessing to see the kids mixing with other children, being together and smiling!!!

Pura Vida!!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Les, it would be nice to put the mugging info on the Civil List. I know they prefer only good news but it's a useful caution to those that use the pathway.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Rick I have done this cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...