Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday 29th July 2013…..hiking day!!!

Just a few chores to do today but one of them was very rewarding……I have been looking for some used furniture to put into Paola’s house they really have very little and anything would help…well I heard from a from a friend who has lots of stuff that he said I could come over and look at….so I did that this morning.

So tomorrow I am going to go back and sort through some things but I already know there is a table and 5 chairs, a microwave, some dressers and 2 mattresses and some kitchen supplies this will be wonderful and I will hire another friend who has a truck later in the week and pick it all up and take it to their home….so nice to have special friends!!!

I then packed up some lunch and drinks and took the scoter to the park across from los Frailes where Linda and Guy live and parked the bike and hiked down the highway a few miles to a dam and reservoir that I know of and see if I could hike into the canyons beyond.

I got to the dam and the scenery was beautiful

DSCF0539

DSCF0541

DSCF0543

DSCF0544

What I wanted to do was walk across the dam but I did not realize the wall was so narrow in the beginning…

DSCF0545

So I thought about it and decided my sense of balance is not great but I could handle it and away I went

DSCF0550

DSCF0552

DSCF0554

I got to the end but there was no way to get up the rocks into the hills so I sat and had lunch and then walked back the same way…no problem.

I then continued walking down the highway away from town for a few more km……

DSCF0556

I then crossed over the highway and the

DSCF0562

and then came across this wonderful sight I know nothing about baby horses but I reckon this little guy is not very old!!!

DSCF0557

DSCF0558

DSCF0560

I was now back on the trails that I know by the Presa..

DSCF0564

DSCF0567

Get off my path buddy!!!!

DSCF0570

We have had lots of rain since I was last here and the lake has risen quite a bit and I came upon this path and could not believe they were playing water volleyball!!!

DSCF0571

The path I had to get across is where the few rocks are on the right hand side so you can imagine my hiking shoes are a little wet now!!!..there was no water when I was here last!!!

DSCF0573

The old fashioned way!!

I got back to the scooter three and a half hours later so I reckon I walked maybe 17km …it was a good workout and I enjoyed the quiet and the exercise.

Back home the usual quiet evening….

Yashi Koshi!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome hike and fabulous pictures!

Arlene

mexicokid said...

Thanks Arlene the baby horse photo made my day...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...