Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday 11th July 2013……..a bit of a day!!

Up at 8am and had breakfast and so happy to be back on the tennis courts at 9am for two hours…it was good tennis and nice to see my buddies again.

Came home and iced down and had lunch and then went to a ladies house she was selling me a foot massage machine..she was a neat lady and when we talked a while and I told her of my plans to walk the Camino next year she got so excited ran into the next room and came out to show me her certificate as she walked the Camino in 2001..she told me she was so proud of me and a new understanding of each other was cemented that is what the spirit of the Camino is all about.

DSCF0296

This is the street to her home.

I then went and picked up Little Bluey and went to L & G’s had a visit they are both doing really well Guy is slow and taking his time getting his breath but they are so glad to be home.  Whilst I was there it started to rain and then hail like crazy!!!

DSCF0297

DSCF0298

on the left of this photo you can see the hail!!

I loaded up all my stuff including my new back pack I will write on that another day, and then came home around 4pm and my frustrations began…

I had bought Magic Jack and installed it and paid for it on my Visa Card but I could not get it to work…I will not bore you with the grizzly details but I spent over one hour on live chat with one of their agents….now live chat you would think would be talking to someone but no live chat is typing to someone and they type back to you…anyway she told me how to correct the problem so I went through the whole signing up process again to find the exact same problem still existed so back to live chat a different agent and another hour went by and I think I have solved the problem will know tomorrow!!!

You have heard me talk of my young friend Zach who is Heather and Kirby’s youngest son (my family back in Nanaimo)…Zach is the golf star and this week he is competing in the BC Amateur golf tournament…you have to enter and win so many events to even make this competition which he did and after 3 days he sits tied for 4th place this is out of 156 of the best golfers around and he is only just turned 17 years of age!!!!

So tomorrow is the final round so good luck to Zach very proud of you.

2013 BC Amateur Championship 2013 Amateur Championship

BlueGolf

Tue, Jul 9 - Fri, Jul 12, 2013

Springs Course at Radium
Copper Point Golf Club

The BC Amateur Championship is open to 156 amateur golfers who are exempt or have qualified through their zone. The event is 72 holes of stroke play with a cut to 70 and ties after 36

Contest

BC Amateur - Zone Championship

BC Amateur Championship

Club Championship

Close

 

 

Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia (BRITISH COLUMBIA GOLF)-Team Canada Development Squad member Kevin Kwon jumps out to a one-stroke advantage after round one at the 111th BC Amateur Championship, co-hosted by the Springs at Radium (SR) in Radium Hot Springs and the Copper Point Golf Club (CO) in Invermere.

Kwon, a resident of Maple Ridge, continued his strong play as of late with an opening round six-under-par 66 on the par 72, 6767 yard Springs at Radium Course thanks to a bogey-free round. Kwon was the 2013 CN Future Links Pacific champion earlier this year at the Crown Isle Golf Resort in Courtenay and only recently competed in the prestigious Sahalee Players Championship where he finished T23.

"I am hitting the ball well," stated Kwon.

"There are a lot of chances on the Springs course and I capitalized on them when I had to. The greens are tricky to read and the fact that I went bogey free was great."

Following close behind Kwon after the first 18 holes is fellow Team Canada member Eric Banks of Truro, Nova Scotia. Banks, playing in his first BC Amateur Championship and a member of the University of Florida Gators Men's Golf Team, shot a five-under-par 67 at the Springs. Tied with Banks after matching his 67 at the Springs are Vernon's Brady Stead, Creston's Kowan O'Keefe and Kevin Spooner of West Vancouver.

Pre-Championship favourite and talented amateur Charlie Hughes of Langley sits two strokes back of the lead at -4 (68) along with Victoria's Brent Wilson. Both players recorded their scores on the Springs.

Other notables to post sub-par rounds after day one are recent British Columbia Junior Boys' champion Jared Dutoit of Kimberley (70), defending BC Amateur champion Riley Fleming of Airdrie, Alberta (70), Victoria's Kevin Carrigan (70) and team mate of Kwon on the Team Canada Development squad and recent Phil Mickelson Award Winner Adam Svensson of Surrey (71). Past champions David Rose of West Vancouver and Vancouver's Doug Roxburgh both shot two-over-par 74's to sit eight back of Kwon.

Posting the low round of the day at the Copper Point Golf Course was Calgary's Scott Lowe. Lowe was only one of three players to break 70 on the par 70, 6807 yard Copper Point on the day. Lowe sits in a tie for 8th place along with six others.

The Championship continues tomorrow with action at both courses. Players will each get a chance to play both the Springs and Copper Point during the first two rounds with a cut to the low 70 and ties occurring following tomorrow's round.

The top-3 competitors from the 111th BC Amateur Championship will represent British Columbia on Team BC at the Canadian Men's Amateur Championship to be held August 6-9, 2013 at the Royal Colwood Golf Club and Gorge Vale Golf Club in Victoria, British Columbia.

Spectators are welcomed and encouraged to attend the event. Entrance is free of char

Pos
Player
TodayR3
Thru
Total
R1
R2
R3
R4
Total

Full Leaderboard

1
Kevin CarriganK. Carrigan
Victoria, BC, Royal Colwood GC
-3
F
-13
70
62
69
201

2
Charlie HughesC. Hughes
Langley, BC, Swan-e-set Bay Resort
-7
F
-12
68
69
65
202

3
Kevin SpoonerK. Spooner
West Vancouver, Capilano G&CC
-5
F
-11
67
69
67
203

T4
Zach AndersonZ. Anderson
Nanaimo, BC, Nanaimo GC
-6
F
-7
70
71
66
207

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...