Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Tuesday 9th July 2013….Day three!!!!

I must first comment on the hotel chain Fiesta Inn we have stayed in three and they have all been so very wonderful…the staff so helpful and friendly from taking care of the bags, room selection and even allowing us to put the two boxes of frozen shrimp that Guy bought into the restaurant freezers overnight…I have nothing but high praise for this company!!

We were on the road this morning armed with some pastries I had bought that morning and a Starbucks stop for Linda and Guy….we knew it was going to be a long driving day and we also knew that our destination Guadalajara is at 5200 feet so harder breathing for Guy.

This section of the journey after Mazatlan is through beautiful country mountainous, volcanic and very pretty.

I am allowed to write what ever I want on this blog even if I will get heck from some readers, namely Linda, but here is a synopsis of her activities today……first of all she forgot to remind me to get the shrimp out of the hotel freezer….good job I already had remembered!!!!

Next at a toll booth she shorted me three pesos.

Followed by dashing off to you know where at the Pemex gas station whilst I had to handle the payment and the sticking of the receipt into the correct envelope.

How many pit stops does one need in 8 hours???

Then of course the required stop where there is no Pemex…now I really wanted to make some comments and take a photo BUT I value my life…… never the less it was an interesting stop if you want more details please e mail me and I will send them to you.

Not even going to mention getting me lost in Guadalajara!!

Of course none of the above is true…..wink…..wink!!!

Almost nine hours later we did arrive in the big city and we did miss a turn the traffic is horrific and I am so happy none of us panicked I just took the next exit and stopped outside a retail store and after a couple of minutes flagged a taxi down and asked him if we could follow him to our hotel and I showed him a map and no problem after taking us through a few back streets and the main highway again and within 10 minutes to our hotel….he was great and I gave him 100 pesos, maybe 8 dollars.

Again the staff at the hotel were spot on and now Linda and Guy have had some supper and are settled in there room and me in mine.

DSCF0293

DSCF0292

It was another good day and I so admire Linda she watches over Guy so well and makes sure all his needs are met…..and Guy is a trooper I know it is hard for him being  attached to a machine all the time but he never ever complains and always has a comment that makes us laugh……so tomorrow we will be HOME…..it is exactly one year and one week since Guy was air evacuated to Tucson and it has been such a trying time for them both but tomorrow sleeping in their own beds will be such a high….I am so very proud of both of them and thankful to them for all they have done for me in the 14 years we have known each other!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

OK I am done for the night…Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...