Saturday, July 06, 2013

Saturday 6th July 2013…..3 days and no TV sports watching…what is happening to me???

So instead of breakfast at Wimbledon I had some cereal and at 7.30am hit the beach and walked for 2 hours it was lovely!!!

DSCF0251

The English translation of Puerto Penasco is Rocky Point but I have no idea why they picked that name…

DSCF0254

any guesses??

DSCF0253

To be fair the beach is not all rocks there are miles of lovely sand beaches!!

DSCF0257

DSCF0255

I have absolutely no idea how this photo got in my camera and then on the blog…none at all!!!

I really enjoyed my start to the morning..after a shower and a cup of tea and I went into town for a little bit of shopping and then over to L & G’s…after lunch Teri and Jason loaded the van while Muri and I read stories and they then said their goodbyes and were on their way back home to Tucson.

Guy and I then went into town for him to buy some shrimp to take back to SMA and then back home where I went swimming in the pool and lounged around before we went for supper where Barb and Joe. the friend’s whose home I am staying ..we had a great supper and a first for me flamed ice cream……and then I came back to the house where I met a knew friend, her name is Heidi, she is lovely, blond curly hair (my type)…..I asked her is she would like to come for a beach walk with me and watch the sunset and she jumped at the idea……I mean really get serious how can any girl refuse that kind of offer from me????

So we walked down just in time to see the sun over the horizon…

DSCF0260

DSCF0274

DSCF0267

Heide did not want me to take her photo but I persuaded her to let me..cute don’t you think??

DSCF0261

DSCF0263

DSCF0273

She is a 5 year old Golden Doodle and very smart and obedient!!!

I then showered and now relaxing and it is gone 10.30pm

The plan tomorrow is for us to leave around 8.30am and we have a hotel booked in Obregon…hopefully I will have Internet.

This was taken off the Internet.

US airlines have cancelled flights into and out of Mexico City for a second day over fears that ash from a rumbling volcano could affect their planes.

Delta and United Airlines were among the companies that stopped at least a dozen flights on Friday.

On Thursday, more than 40 flights were cancelled, leaving hundreds of passengers stranded.

Popocatepetl volcano has been rumbling all year, and began spewing ash and steam earlier in the week.

Airport authorities insisted there was no danger.

An unnamed airport official told the AFP news agency: "There is a very thin presence of ash, which does not harm operations or affect equipment."

Passengers wait for their flights at Mexico City airport Frustrated passengers have been forced to wait for hours at Mexico City airport

But Jorge Andres Gomez, a spokesman for the airport, said any change in the wind or intensity of the volcano would complicate the situation.

Precaution

US Airways, Delta, United, American and Alaska Airlines all cancelled flights on Thursday.

The routes affected by the cancellations were flights to Houston, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, Chicago and Los Angeles.

American said in a statement that it had taken the action as a precaution.

"We are closely monitoring the situation in Mexico City as volcanic ash continues to be emitted from Popocatepetl," said American Airlines spokesman Matt Miller.

Mexican airlines continued to fly into the airport as scheduled.

Most operations were getting back to normal later on Friday, officials said.

The authorities established an 11-km (seven-mile) no-go zone around the volcano, which lies 70km (40 miles) south-east of the airport.

Popocatepetl, which is 5,452m (17,900ft) high, has intensified in activity since May, and the alert level is currently set one notch below evacuation level.

Mexico's National Disaster Prevention Centre reported tremors and columns of ash and vapour at Popocatepetl on Friday.

It advised people living around the volcano to take precautions such as using masks, covering water supplies and staying indoors.

1

Yashi Koshi!!

1 comment:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Cool night pic of the volcano. Reminds us that MotherEarth is still busy working.

Have a great trip home and take lots of pics. Buen viaje!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...