Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday 27th march 2012…a long driving day!!!

I left this morning at 8.30am and the first couple of hundred miles were on Toll roads so easy cruise control driving..I did have to by pass a couple of big towns always fun especially when they have road works and detour signs but made it OK.

I did have to pass through two Military check points glad I am not in the truck lane!!!!

IMG_9433

At both checkpoints a soldier actually came inside and opened every cupboard but no outside storage compartments, go figure and the first one he asked me if I had any Coke Cola or marijuana…I said no to both!!!

IMG_9437

I enjoyed the drive Ramona was a perfect lady and stopped for snacks and listened to a live soccer game on the radio….a good drive arriving in Puerto Penasco around 4pm!!!

Map picture
Map picture

This is the town I first came to about 11 years ago and where I met Linda and Guy and I came here every Winter for three or four years so I know the town well and shall enjoy exploring..I also met Lesley  and her husband Loni here at that time and became friends…..almost 6 years ago Lesley lost her husband but she still comes and stays here every winter…she is just across the street from where I am so I went and had a nice visit with her and like me she still has her English accent!!

The park is really nice and I could have got an ocean front spot but elected not to…full amenities for 250 pesos per night and I have booked in for 4 nights!!

IMG_9440

IMG_9438

The ocean is about 40 yards away!!!

IMG_9441

Sara sent me these photos of her last visit to Casa Hogar…

1

My Dani on the right and the one below is cute it is of my special little girl Melanie…we came became really close this winter and every time we went to a concert she always wanted to sit with me, she is 5 years old and adorable…here she has wrote …”she wants to play futball with Les”!!!!

2

So another good day…Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...