Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday 13th March 2012…bus trip to Puerto Vallarta!!!

Time for a change of pace today so after breakfast around 9am I walked to the main highway to wait for a bus to take me into PV about one hour’s drive away…… a bus came after about 10 minutes and for 98 pesos I was off on my adventure.

The bus made a few stops but arrived in PV without any problems and I got off on the main highway and then waited for a smaller local bus to take me into the center and I did not wait long and for 6 pesos away I went!!

IMG_9098

I walked along the footpath only Malecon!!

IMG_9081

It was not long for the Burger King and Senor Frogs to appear cementing my dislikes for towns like this but interesting to people watch and to turn down the repeated offer for Tequila shots…they obviously did not know that after my border crossing last year the word Tequila is not in my vocabulary!!!

IMG_9082

This photo below brings back bad memories for me!!!

IMG_9084

A few years ago when my Brother Malc was visiting me we came into PV for the day and passed these columns and the only way to get a good photo is to back up and up until you get all the columns in focus but then that puts you on the very edge of the drop off of about 4 feet where the green plant is located on the right hand side….I remember vividly I had just taken a picture of Malc underneath the column when I saw this girl, about 12 years old, in front of me taking photos of her grandparents and she was backing up and up obviously not knowing about the drop off.  I tried to warn her but she went off the end and fell flat on her back with a huge scream.  Everyone stood around whilst I jumped down to her she was not bleeding and was awake and she was an American and I asked the usual questions and got Malc to pass me down a water bottle and with some calm and care she appeared to be OK…..but what a scare and how people react..her grandparents never moved…..a medic came and checked her out and after she gave me a hug and a thank you she was on her way……..what a moment!!

The church is quite beautiful inside and out!!

IMG_9086

IMG_9090

I then went into the old part of town but so many tourist trap shops!!!

IMG_9094

IMG_9097

This brought back memories of my cruise to Bermuda a few months ago!!!

IMG_9100

I found my way back to the bus station in time to catch this bus back home!!

IMG_9101

I got back around 7pm and I enjoyed the day it made a change from the beach but one day is enough for a while of PV!!

Does anybody else miss seeing these kind of shots on my blog????

IMG_8517

Yashi Kochi!!!

1 comment:

Kevin Read said...

Yep, one day in Puerto Vallarta was enough for us as well! You might as well be in Miami...

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...