Monday, November 09, 2009

Monday 9th November 2009…the Journey started.

Sorry for the delay in posting no internet,  so to catch up…..Saturday morning in Nanaimo went out to Ramona at 7am in the morning and was greeted with this sight..day1 002

This is the same buck that was around a few days ago.

I said my sad farewells to my Bank family and headed down to Duncan to where Sara lives.  The rest of the day was catching up with things and getting Sara`s stuff in Ramona.

Thanks to a lovely Christmas gift from Ken,  we went out for a fabulous meal and Sunday morning saw us heading out for the ferry in Victoria.

How do you like my new co-pilot!!!

day1 006

Our first night was spent at Sara`s sisters house in White Rock and I have promised Sara that I would not put on the blog the fact that her navigational skills were  rusty, so I shall not mention we got a little lost.

I enjoyed meeting Debbie and Rick and they were very kind and gentle people.  We had a lovely meal and then played cards.

This morning after a nice walk down to the beach we headed for the border.  A wait of about 15 minutes and we were into the good old US of A.

day2 001

day2 002

Today was mainly doing some grocery shopping and getting down close to Seattle where we are staying in the drive way of Sara`s friend, Ann.

After the comment I made previously I feel I must say that Sara was very good at getting us to Ann`s house,  her directions and skills at telling me which turns to take were great…good I think I am out of the dog house now.

Thanks Ann for a great meal and conversation and we are now settled in Ramona it is raining a little but not cold and all is well for our first night on the road….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...