Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday 25th November 2009////San Miguel de Allende…….

Yesterday saw us leave the state of Jalisco and arrive in the state of Guanajuato on the road we stopped at a famous town called San Juan  de Los Lagos.

The beautiful church in this town

day15 019

day15 021

is famous for the thousands that pilgrimage here in January and then approach the altar on their knees praying for favours from the Virgin Mary.

It was a very moving sight to see people young and old, healthy and unhealthy approaching the front of the church in this way.day15 008

day15 015

The market stalls in the church square are also famous for their many assorted candy.

day15 027

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The drive to SMA was mainly toll roads with this neat mountain topday15 029

soon we were approaching the out skirts of SMA and the excitement was growing and it is always amazing to me how Ramona gets through this gate into the funky RV park.day15 035

day15 036

 

 

 

 

 

It was like coming home the owners here are very friendly and it wasn’t long before we were settled in the same spot I always have.day15 041

Before long it was back to the usual for Sara…day15 040

This park is really neat only 17 dollars a night with full hook ups, wi-fi, three very clean washrooms with hot water and about a 5 minute walk into town.

We strolled into the main Jardin and there was a group playing tango music and couples dancing day15 044

all in front of the main church.

day15 043

Unfortunately the later evening proved to be total humiliation for me….I was super confident that I would be able to beat Sara at regular scrabble….one hour later not only was I down 200 pesos but beaten by over 100 points!!!!!day15 048

There must be a game I can beat her at if anybody has any ideas please e mail me!!!!

Woke up this morning to the sounds of roosters and church bells and sunny and warm weather.

  We had a leisurely morning and I learned that Sara has another talent…she cut my hair..day15 002 A bit short but a good cut!

Something you will not see very often..day15 001

We first walked to the Spanish school where I went last year and where Paola and Daniela go and Sara met Josefina, the owner and a lovely lady.  Sara has arranged to go there on Friday morning to begin her Spanish lessons, I will go maybe next month.  Josefina also told us that the girls English class was tonight and that we could come and surprise the girls.

 

We then went walking into town where Sara treated me and bought me……wait for it…you will never guess……..

day15 005

she tells me the patio mat has a lot of leaves on it!!!!!!

Cute photo in one of the small side streets.day15 006

Back at Ramona I just couldn’t wait to try out my prezzie!!!!!day15 007

Now I don’t think anything else exciting happened today……OHHHHH    yes I remember…the girls..

Sara and I went to the school about 7pm just as they were finishing class and we coming out any I cannot describe the feeling of seeing Paola and Daniela and having them run and jump into my arms, sheer joy!!

We were not sure how they would react to me being with Sara with needless to say they took to her straight away…enjoy these photos..girls 004 Daniela

girls 005 Paola

girls 007

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

girls 003

The girls must have known we were coming because this was on the black board..

girls 001

How sweet is that?

We said our goodbyes and the plan is to take the girls swimming on Saturday, so what a day, those girls bring me so much joy.

It is now 9.30pm and time for our nightly game,   tonight I am picking a dice game…..what else can I say law of averages state I must win at something soon….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...