Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Monday 23rd November 2009….Guest columnist…….Sara has requested to write today’s blog….

HELLO, I just thought I should clarify that Les is not the only one paying his game loss debts. I had to buy him this footie t-shirt at the Tonala market yesterday.

day13 004 day13 005 You can also see I am not the only one who has used the loo in Ramona.  It’s about time after 3 years!

We started the day with a walk into the town of Villa Corona along the tidy cobblestone streets. We passed street side vendors and the decoration remnants of the annual village festival.

 day13 006 day13 009

A church is at the heart of every town and village. This one is in the centre of the square and filled with fresh flowers.

day13 011

  

day13 008 day13 012

day13 017 Les and a poinsettia shrub.

day13 014

Les wanted me to stand beside this bread truck so I appeased him.

 

 

 

day13 019 We bought some goodies for the road at this unmarked bakery on a side street run by a pleasant young couple . Les remembered this sweet little place from when he was here 2 years ago.

day13 033 day13 039

Then it was on the road again travelling along the north shore of Lake Chapala and passing many tomato trucks filled over the brim. I was wondering how many bounced off on the bumpy roads. Tonight we are settled into a roadside pullover behind a service station. Les is preparing my tea while I write. He is a fabulous travelling companion and it only cost him 50 pesos for me to say that.

1 comment:

Croft said...

I can't believe it! Les using the loo! You must have had to show him how to flush it... I can't wait until he has to empty it!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...