Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday 20th November 2009….MEXICO!!!!!

To try to make the blog easier to read and because I have not had Internet connection for a couple of days I have moulded the last three days into one long post.

The intention was to get an early start this morning but by the time I had accomplished my daily chores of cooking, cleaning and washing we were on the road by 11am.  Of course it goes without saying that the sun was shining and it was lovely.

With a final shopping for necessities at Wal Mart we were into the Organ Pipe Cactus National Park.

day9 003That is one big Momma…..NOOOOOOO I mean the cactus!!!!

day9 005

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

day9 027

We were soon approaching the Mexican Border at Lukeville and I told Sara I was an old hand at this and I made sure we both wore Mexican soccer shirts.

The wait at the border was just a few minutesday9 031

day9 032

we never even stopped we were waved right through.  Another 21 km to the check point where we purchased our tourist visas and again no waiting and no hassle at all…then on our way.

It feels really great to be in Mexico again and to know I am in the same country as my girls!!

We drove about another 250km and are staying the night in a small rustic RV park, in Santa Ana, Sonora.  The cost is 13 dollars and we are the only ones here.

We had a good supper and now getting ready to play scrabble and backgammon and I suppose I shall loose more money tonight!!!

A great day and Sara was really good with navigational directions.

On a very sad note I want to send out my very best wishes to my great friends Barb and Frank, you have heard me talk of them.  They are in Mexico in their truck camper and I heard from they this morning they were parked for the night in the parking lot of a Pemex gas station and were side swiped by a semi trailer.  They were not hurt, thank goodness, but extensive damage to their truck and camper.  I hope all is well with you and all I can offer is come to San Miguel and be with friends whilst you sort out the legal issues.

Thursday morning and guess what????  I won the games of scrabble and backgammon!!!!

Today was just a long driving day mainly on two lane good toll highways.  really the only interesting sight was this truck.day10 001

day10 004

How to relax at a rest area!!day 11 003

We made it as far as Los Mochis, Sinola and found a nice small RV park just outside the town.

We treated ourselves to a T bone steak dinner which I BBQ and had an evening of dice games…….yes I returned to my losing ways and am now destined to buying Sara a bottle of Tequila!!!!!  I know I know I will never learn!!

Friday morning and we have decided to get an early start and I have promised Sara I will have here at an RV on the beach by 1pm.

Well I was only off by 20 minutes here we are on the beach!!!!day 11 006

day 11 007

Our first beach walk…

day 11 008

day 11 009

The contrast in lifestyles…

SARA…

day 11 012

MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day 11 014

First Mexican sunsetday 11 015

 

day 11 017

and yes my toes are still as ugly as last year!!day 11 018

So we are now relaxing in warm lovely ocean breezes and life is good.

On the road again tomorrow and will not post for a couple of days, hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...