Sunday, October 05, 2008

Well so far it has been

a very stressful day!!  I woke up at 7am after a great sleep and had to watch a live soccer game televised from England.  Then my lovely host Heather made me sit down with her family and eat bacon, eggs, toast, yogurt and drink tea!!!!   What an imposition!  No sooner had I finished breakfast when I had to take a shower and get a ride down to the Seair Terminalooool 008 in preparation for my flight.  Note the small red jerry can of gas I had to carry on board in case we ran out of gas.(Annie and Barb may as well tell you now I am kidding!!).

ooool 009 The flight was on timeooool 014 and if you want to be banned from my blog ask if that is me in this photo!!!

 

ooool 018

ooool 019

 

 

 

 

The flight was great about 20 minutesooool 023 incredible viewsooool 031

 

 

 

 

and a perfect touchdown!!ooool 035 A free shuttle to the main airport building where I had a wait of three hours, how boring all I did was eat a sandwich, scone and drink ice tea and watch a live hockey game televised from Sweden!!ooool 036

I then went and checked out my aircraftooool 043 it looks OK to me and now I am sitting in the bulkhead row(had to pay a few dollars more) but I get all the leg room I want.ooool 046 I get my own complimentary DVD player and movies and oh no go away they are bringing me dinner!!!!

I can see that day one of my adventure No.3 is going to be nothing to write home about!!!!!

Cannot let this post go by without saying thank you to ALL my friends for their well wishes and kind deeds, I truly feel blessed to have so many people that I consider life long friends that would do anything for me.  You mean so much to me and I do not want to mention names, you know who you are and the respect and love I have for you all, BUT I feel I must mention Heather and Kirby and their boys who have opened up their home and their family to me, thank you…..will post this when I get to good old Blighty…

1 comment:

living.boondockingmexico said...

great to know you are enjoying your trip. did you really take the bulkhead seat? if you did, can you tell us more about it, the why and how? thanks, chris

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...