Saturday, October 11, 2008

Corfu - Day 2 - Saturday 11th Oct

I first want to say that today two years ago was the passing of my Dad….he was a lovely man who in his 87 years accomplished many things one of which was along with Mum raising my brother and I and making us out to be the best we can…thanks and God bless you Dad.Scan0021

Had a great sleep and woke up at 7am and decided to take a walk and see the sunrise.  The following photos were all taken on that walk and within a 5 minute walk of the apartment.nnnb 002

nnnb 006

nnnb 010

 

 

 

 

 

nnnb 011

nnnb 015

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

nnnb 017

Back at the apartment the champion from last night was just seeing daylight!!nnnb 022

The little village we are staying in is called San Stefanos on the north west side of the island and the island is famous for its olives.nnnb 020

We took a nice long walk this afternoon through the village stopping for a snack at the bakery.nnnb 025 Then along the road to the small harbour.nnnb 034

nnnb 036

Then back through town and a local church.nnnb 032 and now my favourite photo!!

nnnb 028

 

This evening the Pearson boys couldn’t go a day without watching a soccer game.ppm 001  a live broadcast of the English World cup qualifying game and then the evening finished with our usual game of scrabble and it seems order has been restored and only modesty stops me from telling you who won tonight!!ppm 002

Another special day with my family in a lovely part of the world.  Have a great weekend everyone…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...