Monday, October 20, 2008

The beauty and splendour of England!!

Today Janet was doing her volunteer work in the charity shop in the village so Malc and I went on a days road trip.  No commentary from me necessary.

The first place we visited was called Robin Hoods Bay.mk 023 Join me in the wonderful views of this tiny place.mk 026 mk 030

mk 036 mk 037

 

 

 

 

Chimneys!!!!mk 039 mk 041 mk 045

 

 

 

 

 

 

No excuse now for those Yorkshire puddings not rising or being hard!!!!!mk 044

The next placemk 060  we visited was a wonderful town called Whidbey with the ruins of the old abbey.  These ruins rivalled anything I have seen and it was magical walking around them.mk 075 mk 065 mk 076

mk 084

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

mk 077 mk 093

 

We then walked into the town and took a ride on the only steam powered bus in England!mk 108

Some of the sights down town..

mk 101 mk 104 Some more history….mk 105 mk 106

 

 

 

 

 

 

After all this culture and history I needed a good old fashioned treat.  These are called 99’s  (ardent readers of this blog will know that this is a special number to me!!) and brought many childhood memories because 99’s were treats when we were kids.  They are just an ice creammk 102 cone with a chocolate flake stuck into the middle.

Then is was off to Sam and Darren’s housemk 118 for a lovely supper and an end to a perfect day!!mk 119 mk 120

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...