Sunday, October 12, 2008

Corfu - Day 3 - Sunday 12th Oct

My morning walk this morning saw me watching the sun rise and it was a pretty neat way to start the day.

llllokk 009 Love this photo of the boat, there was no one on the beach and it just seemed to me like a very serene and peaceful start to a Sunday morning.llllokk 011

 

 

 

The national flag was on display over the beach..llllokk 015

Some of the things I saw growing on my walk.llllokk 005

llllokk 019

llllokk 021 llllokk 061

llllokk 022

 

 

 

 

 

llllokk 025

llllokk 026

Back home and we had the rental car delivered to the apartment.nnnb 027 I was able to get a really good rate on this but my Big brother wasn’t happy with my choice so we paid extra for this one!!llllokk 030 Off we went Malc driving, me trying to navigate with six maps and the two lovely ladies in the back being, well, lovely ladies!!

We were heading forllllokk 077 and these are some of the beautiful and incredibly picturesque places we saw on route..llllokk 037 llllokk 038 llllokk 048

llllokk 057

llllokk 060

These were the views overlooking the town.llllokk 046

llllokk 051

 

 

 

 

 

After lunchllllokk 079 we decided to take a boat ride 30 mins with a captain or one hour without a captain, each the same price and I was happily surprised when my family decided they wanted ME as the captain, so off we motor into the wild blue yonder.llllokk 084 Now ladies don’t get excited over the chest hair!!!!!llllokk 089 Sam asked me if she could be captain for a while so I told her she could as I trusted her implicitly which is more than can be said for her parents!!llllokk 096

She did really well and I think Janet will recover by Wednesday…  the views from the boat were awesome..llllokk 090

llllokk 100

llllokk 111

It was a lot of fun but now time for serious shopping..llllokk 145 llllokk 144

I think Sam is cuter!!!

 

 

 

 

 

Some of the people we saw, some we talked with along the way…llllokk 041 llllokk 062 llllokk 063

 

 

 

 

 

 

llllokk 066 llllokk 152

llllokk 154 The excitement was just too much for Sam she was too tired to play scrabble.llllokk 155 Can you believe that my brother is such a bad sport that when asked to take a photo of the winner(ME) this is the end result.

We had a great day and I must commend Malc on driving the roads were so up and down with many bends and so narrow, he did great.

Going to explore the north island tomorrow, so YEASAS (Greek for goodbye).

1 comment:

Croft said...

I am so envious of you Les! You must eat and dance the dance of Zorba! A tiny taste of Ouzo would not send you to Hell either my friend!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...