Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday in Cottingham..

 

I am still fighting off the remains of a cough but feel good, went for my usual morning walk around the village and into the countryside at 7.30am.

Later in the morning I attended my brother’s church for their morning service.fffffff 006

This is the emblem of the Armyfffffff 008.  I was born and raised in the Salvation Army and followed in a family tradition dating back 4 generations in my family.  The upbringing that I had I believe moulded me into the man I am today and I thank all who took part in raising me and spending time with me.

 

 

After the service we went to my Nephew Marks for lunch with his family and of course young Tom was the star attraction.fffffff 010 Claire and Mark’s lovely home.

In the afternoon Mark and I attended a very special event, it was for me anyway!!fffffff 005

The local soccer team Hull City, nick named the Tigers are now in the top flight of professional soccer in England and a chance to see a live game was not to be missed.  So I have to thank Malc for giving up his ticket in order for me to attend.fffffff 012

 

This brought back many memories for me as many years ago as a Policeman in Sheffield I was on crowd control duty at soccer games.fffffff 013

 

I enjoyed all the atmosphere of the pre games festivities..fffffff 015 These three men are of course close to my heart, being a fellow referee!!fffffff 018

 

 

 

 

fffffff 019 Pre game warm up!!fffffff 025 Let the game begin!!!fffffff 029

25000 thousand home fans went away very happy as the local team won the game 1 – 0

It was a great spectacle and I really enjoyed the afternoon. 

Another quiet evening at home and another day done.

I only have a few more days left so will be busy seeing family and friends.  The evenings are getting shorter and shorter now and a little cooler, the trees shedding their leaves and changing colours a sure sign you know who is approaching.

Hope you all had a great day…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...