Friday, October 26, 2007




This shot taken this morning and forwarded to me is a friend's house in good old Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada, the small town that I lived in for over 13 years before coming to the coast. Snow already!!!!!!!!! At least the sun is shining. As Halloween approaches reminds me that Smoky Lake's claim to fame is that it is known as the pumpkin capital of Alberta. I have been in the complex hall there when they did the weigh in for the pumpkins and some of them weighed over 1200 pounds....that is a lot of pie. Still on the subject of Halloween, on the ride back from the Plantation yesterday shared the bus with a Tica ( this is not disparaging, they like to call themselves that, Tica is feminine and Tico is masculine) and her two young boys and her nanny. We got talking and one of the subjects that came us was Halloween and in this country it is not celebrated and is unlawful to wear masks and celebrate. What a shame because I know the young children in Canada look forward to their costumes and of course treats....Off into the sun for my afternoon...will those Rockies ever win a baseball game??? Have a great day..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...