Monday, October 15, 2007

Another great day in Ciudad Colon, not sunny today just overcaste and of course did I mention it is raining!!!!!! There is a very kind and interesting lady living next door who offered to take me on a drive to see a town in the mountains, she has lived here many years and of course knows all the neat and off the beaten track places. The flowers and bananas and the rocking chair are taken in her garden, how many butterflies can you count? The drive to Puriscal took about 30 minutes through some beautiful countryside and lush mountains, it did remind me a little of Mount Benson (in Nanaimo) the way the clouds cover sometimes the top, then the middle, then the bottom of the mountain and it can change so fast. It was really a lovely drive. In the town which suffered a devestating earthquake in 1991, the local church right in the main square suffered great damage and is abandoned. I thought it looked so desolate and sad and the trees and bushes growing from the balcony but sure makes for a great picture. I was then shown some trails that I can walk other days leading into the canyon and by the river. It was a good afternoon and of course an education.









No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...