Friday, October 26, 2007









This afternoon took a different route into town and came across the Brasil foot ball sign, those of my close friends who know what an avid and spectacular handyman I am, even I shudder when I saw all the wires on the post above the sign. I wonder if it passed inspection!!!! Anyway took this dirt road to find a soccer field, looking for a piece of grass with no lines and falling down goal posts, well imagine my surprise when I found out the sign was indicating a soccer pitch alright, but a small indoor stadium, with a half size pitch. I tried to take photographs through the doors but they didn't come out, will have to try and find out when games will be played. Walked into town and tried to capture the busy streets, with people hustling around late Friday afternoon.
On the way back stopped beside the house next door to where I am staying where the lady has built a small garden it does look quite lovely. Having a quiet evening after a great dinner of fresh chicken and potatoes. Getting some plans made for trips next week.
I have been here now two weeks and it seems to have gone by quite fast. I have enjoyed learning all about the country and doing some exploring, the people are very friendly and it now seems to have changed weather wise, no rain again and the early part of the day is very hot and sunny.
Wish you all a happy and safe weekend....

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...