Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Boy did I have a lazy day!!!!! At 9.30am Profesor Miguel arrived on his bike was my second Spanish lesson. He is a very good tutor and he tells me that I am doing "muy bien" Next week he is going to help me with phrases that I need to know to help me get around some more, this will be good for the last week and also when I get to Mexico! He stays for one hour and the charge is 2000 colonies (for those of you who have not mastered the currency conversion that is about 4 dollars).

How about the lunch I made for Gerado, there he is taking a well deserved break and eating the peaches!!!!

It was lovely and hot after the Profesor left I just had to sit out in the sun and read and day dream. Being much closer to the equator the sun is very powerful. I lazed around for a couple of hours and then did laundry, well that is not strictly true, I did wash out and hang up that one shirt!!!!

Then did some house work and then it was 3pm and the heavens opened up and it poured at which point I turned on the TV and there it was, another live soccer game this time Manchester United ( I am sure everyone has heard of them) playing in the Ukraine. It was an enjoyable game.

Now 5pm and time for my run, I am now up to running 4 laps around the community road. Then a shower and made some of my famous scrambled eggs for supper. For those very few fortunate number of my readers who have had the pleasure to experience my scrambled eggs, they will attest, they cannot be beaten!!!! I think maybe there might be a pun in there somewhere!!

All the other photos were take in the garden the 9th photos is of a bush that was about 7 feet from where I was lazing around and what an amazing bush, it is a butterfly magnet, couldn't capture them on the camera but sometimes I counted at least 7 different kind of butter flies. The tree with the bark peeling reminds me of a local tree called arbutus and the other photos just trying to show the colour and splendor of the property. Now 7.30pm and this time whilst typing I have been listening on the computer to the local FM station in Vancouver, amazing world we live in. Hope for another sunny day tomorrow, take care...











No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...