Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Wednesday 18 th May 2022..another family road trip day!!

 The days just seem to go by so quickly…did my morning walk early again this morning as the three of us went on a short road trip to see family…….


Our first stop was to see my only relative on my Mum’s side of the family, my cousin Shelia and her husband Peter, I always tease Shelia about being older than me as her birthday was this last Sunday and she is a week older than me🤪






We had a lovely visit……


The next stop was to visit Rosehill Crematorium and to visit the final resting place of my Mum and Dad…….I always manage to remember where their plaque is and Janet gave me some liquid to clean the slate, it turned out really well.





Then down to the river Don where my Dad and his brother Bram would spend all their childhood hours playing on and in the river, very pretty….














Finally just around the corner to visit my Uncle Bram….he is an amazing man and my hero he is 95 years young…..


Bram lost the love of his life my Auntie Rita 5 years ago after 67 years of marriage……he seems to have done well these last few years, he plays badminton once a week and goes ball room dancing once a week and he totally takes care of himself, his house and garden……the tradition is we take Bram to his favorite restaurant and we munch down on fish and chips and mushy peas, Google it if you don’t know what mushy peas are…






We all had a fabulous visit and it was an all round great day!!



Janet is proving to be the Wordle champ…this is my attempt..





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...