Thursday, May 19, 2022

Thursday 19 th May 2022…pomp and ceremony!!

 Today was a spectacular day!!!!


We were invited to the beautiful medieval town of York to meet my cousin Karen and her family, Karen is Bram’s oldest daughter.


It was about one hour in the car and there we met Karen and John, their two children, Laura and her husband James and little Ellis…and Lloyd and his partner Maddie……






Karen had only found out this morning that there was a special parade taking place in the town centre and that Princess Anne, who is the Queen’s daughter would be in attendance…..


I love parades and these kinds of festivities and we were up close and it was fabulous…..Princess Anne is the one saluting in the photo and also in another photo with the police officer, she looks very lovely!!










I also like the photos of the buns of the female soldiers and also the plaid shoes and the dagger of the soldier in the kilt.






We then went and had a great lunch together and Karen surprised me by bringing a  black and white photo of her and her younger sister Jill, my Mum and our dog Tina,what great memories !!!





Next we walked through the memorial gardens and down by the river…just  a wonderful day!!










Came home and did my walk not a bad amount of steps today and happy to say I was the Wordle champ today!!!






Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...