Monday, May 16, 2022

Monday 16 th May 2022….a trip into town!!

 A little overcast today but I still went on my morning walk and saw the horses and the train……










I had trouble with Wordle today and we have like a competition going and I have to say Janet is coming out on top most days!!





This afternoon I took the bus into the City of Hull about a 15 minute ride and I enjoyed walking around the town centre……








All this week is very important in terms of the final week of the English soccer leagues some very fascinating games being played each evening so you can imagine that Malc and I are going to be glued to the TV….

A good day for my steps…





Want to hear a little story???.


Thought you would…


My very lovely next door neighbor in San Miguel, Diane Varney, who is a good friend, occasional tennis partner and a horticulturist, when she learned I was coming to England to visit my family asked if I would be able to bring her back some plant seeds as apparently British seeds are the very best.


I wrote Malc and asked him if it was Ok to have some seeds sent to his address and of course he said that would be fine.


So Diane ordered some seeds to be sent to Malc’s address.


What Malc did not do was tell Janet………before I arrived last week when Malc was out playing golf a delivery came to the house, the seeds….


Janet looked at the package and saw it was addressed to a D.Varney but the address was Janet and  Malc’s including the correct long postal code and she asked Malc about it and he had no idea.


Janet being the sweet lady that she is thought this has come to the wrong address so she looked in the phone book and found a D. Varney listed on a street about eight blocks away and she got in the car and drove the house that was listed in the phone book and knocked on the door, but no one answered so Janet put the package through the letter box and came home…….end of story…….well not quite!!


Fast forward to me arriving here and after a few days over dinner I casually mentioned I wonder when the seeds are going to arrive….


There was a pause Janet looked at Malc, Malc looked at Janet and I looked at both of them…..


Janet said what do you mean what seeds?  I told her about e mailing Malc and he saying it was ok and Malc said sorry but I really do not remember and then Janet told me what she had done with the seeds..it was all too funny when we all realized what had happened…..


I decided not to inform Diane at this point but I did walk around to the house where Janet had dropped the seeds but there was no one home….and I went around two other times and each time no one home…..


The next evening I went over and there was a car in the drive way and I knocked on the door and a man about my age answered and I gave him the condensed version of what had happened and this is where it gets good…he smiled at me and said he found the package and when he looked at it he thought that his daughter who lives in the next town and is called Debbie Varney and is also a horticulturist must have ordered the seeds …..so the next day he drives to his daughter’s home and gives her the seeds…she opened the package and said that she does order seeds from this company but had not ordered these but she also said that if she was going to get seeds she would have ordered the same ones….


We both laughed and he said he would go over to his daughters over the weekend and get the seeds back…





So I went to his house after my morning walk and picked up the seeds and now all is well!!


Ok sorry I have to go watch the game ….


Stay safe and healthy!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...