Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday 16th August 2013…beautiful weather beautiful day!!!

Being as it is Friday it is now declared the Pearson day when I go out on an adventure for the day and today was no exception.

In SMA there is a computer civil list where residents or anyone really can sign up and if you have questions they usually get answered like most public forums they can get a bit out of hand but I have used it now for years and have always had prompt and great responses to my questions.  I posted last week about anyone having knowledge of hiking trails in the area and yesterday I met the leader of a hiking group but more about him next week but I also received an answer from a lady named Christine who took the time to write me detailing very specific instructions for a hike outside of town where she lives..they were excellent instructions and this morning I packed up got on Little Blackie and away I went.

First of all through my own fault entirely I turned too early but glad I did because I came upon these views of the city.

DSCF0807

DSCF0809

Then there was this wonderful gate leading to nowhere!!!!!

DSCF0810

I soon found the correct turn off and the road starts here at the big mall

DSCF0849

who would think just 3 miles down a cobble road from this big expansive mall you would see sights like this!!!

DSCF0812

The directions took me through a lovely little village with a very old church

DSCF0838

DSCF0839

DSCF0840

DSCF0841

I found the trail head and was off up in those hills.

DSCF0814

DSCF0816

It was quite a hike through scrub brush but did get to the top and my view looking back down to the village with lunch!!

DSCF0820

I continued to climb and over the next peak was this small body of water.

DSCF0822

I took a different route back on the other side of the creek and the views here were impressive.

DSCF0827

DSCF0830

DSCF0834

I really was out in the boonies…

DSCF0836

I really have no idea how far I hiked I know it was a good distance and very enjoyable.

On the way back through the village I love this shot!!!

DSCF0844-001

DSCF0845

DSCF0848

I was home by 5pm tired but happy and treated myself to some rooftop relaxation before I came in and over supper watched a great tennis match between two of the most famous players ever…Roger and Rafa…

What a nice day I do enjoy times like these where I go off on an adventure and usually I am thrilled with the outcome…hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Looks like it was a great hike, thanks for the views. Love your shot of the day, it is picture perfect!

Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

mexicokid said...

thanks it was a really lovely hike les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...