Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday 25th June 2013…….. a bit of a day!!!!

Well it happened again….heavy rain storm last night meant the tennis courts were closed this morning so no tennis…so what does a guy do when he cannot play tennis??  He makes breakfast turns on the TV and watches live tennis from Wimbledon!!!!

Did that for a couple of hours and then had errands to do in town and then went to the big weekly Tuesday market ..they say if you cannot buy it here it does not exist!!

DSCF0118

DSCF0119

DSCF0121

DSCF0120

came home and started to do laundry BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>> I was just running the water when the power went off and I heard a truck outside and I went to look and the electric meter outside the house said BUSCAR CONNECT…which means look for connection.  I asked the neighbor next door and he had power so I surmised that the truck had been from the electric company and they had turned off the power to the whole compound.  They do this when the bill is not paid.

Now my rent includes all utilities and the land lady is away for a couple of months and she has a property manager who would take care of issues like this but of course his contact number was on my computer and no internet…so I drove to Linda a and Guy’s house, in the rain I might add, and used their internet to connect and call Sergio both at home and on his cell with no answer…….so I had a copy of the electric bill so decided to go down town to their office and see if I could pay the bill and again did this on the scooter in the rain because parking down town is impossible…..get to the office and they had closed 5 minutes before I arrived.

So the next step was to drive back to my house, in the rain, see a pattern here?  Load up all my frozen dinners that I had just bought yesterday and drive them over to L & G’s house, yes you guessed it in the rain, and use their freezer, which luckily enough I had just turned back on yesterday because I thought I was going to put some dinners they had ordered in their fridge but their meals were not ready till later this week so lucky I had the freezer part of the fridge to store my food…….so now doing the blog before I venture back home as I am going out for dinner with friends tonight…..so you can see a bit of a day!!!

 

More memories of Europe!!

1

Germany!!

2

Switzerland!!

3

Rome…all taken last year!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...