Thursday, June 06, 2013

Thursday 6th June 2013…who are you calling a sports nut???

Just because I got up at 8am and had breakfast watching the French open on my new large great and wonderful television…..then it was off to play 2 hours of tennis and a message

DSCF9865

and back home to watch more live tennis…then a break for lunch and back to the TV for live soccer from Europe….I then thought to myself this is crazy I cannot sit around all day watching tennis and soccer I am acting like a retired person…so I got my book, the sun screen, water and went to the roof and lounged around for 2 hours!!!!!

Late afternoon I went down town to a lecture and discussion of the fundamentals of meditation I have no connection in this area before and it was informative and interesting….back home in time to watch the last two periods of hockey but sad to say my Kings are in trouble…..

 

 

 

 

 

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico . But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning.
The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as - Sinko De Mayo.

 

Thanks Eric for sending this to me..

Today’s flashbacks..

1Quebec…2011

3

Victoria harbor Vancouver Island.

2

The amazing Yellowstone national Park!!!!

Pura Vida!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...