Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday 20th April 2012…All the way back!!!!

I woke up at 6am after a good sleep and made it down to the ferry terminal in Port Angeles for 7am and was able to get on the ferry without a reservation…left at 8.20am and it was a 90 minute crossing

IMG_0033

the sun shone the whole way

IMG_0038

I arrived in Victoria, Vancouver Island, Canada just before 10am

IMG_0041the boat docks right down town!!!

 

  The customs inspection was this time I am happy to say painless and took the whole of 30 seconds and I am pumped to be back on Canadian soil!!!!

images

It was about a 90 minute drive over beautiful mountain passes and oceans views

IMG_0052

IMG_0054

but would you believe this truck passed me

IMG_0051and threw back a rock that hit my windshield like a bullet shot and put a nice crack in my windshield!!!!!

I will take her to a repair shop tomorrow and hopefully they can fix the chip!!!

Just after noon I arrived back in Nanaimo

IMG_0060

IMG_0059

 

 

and my waiting family on the Bank!!!

IMG_0068

IMG_0069

Heather and Kirby were there to welcome me home and they had my room looking lovely!!

IMG_0067

This is my view from my bedroom!!!

IMG_0063

IMG_0071

Then I had to meet the new member of the family

Say hello to BOOMER!!!!

IMG_0066A baby Portuguese water dog…he is pretty cute!!

It was nice to be home and just settled like I had never been away….the boys came home and they all have grown….Heather cooked a lovely meal, we all watched a hockey game and I took Boomer for a walk!!

What a journey that started out last June and the total mileage driven is 20992 miles!!!!!!!!

To soon to process what a trip it was but will write in time about my feelings on this.

So blessings from Nanaimo!!!

Map picture

1 comment:

Keira said...

I don’t even know the way I finished up right here, however I assumed this publish was great. I do not realize who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...