Saturday, April 07, 2012

Friday 6th April 2012…..Ramona likes the LA free ways!!!!

So I set my trusty

IMG_9677

and headed out onto the 405!!!!!

Some times it was four lanes sometimes it was eight lanes and everyone was going fast!!!!

I figured the best policy was to stick to the near side lane and keep up with everyone else!!!

IMG_9676

IMG_9675

It actually was not too bad and after about one hour the GPS was telling me to Exit right in 600 meters!!!

Sometimes the GPS can be a bit mis-leading but this time it was perfect and got me right to my destination.

It gets a bit complicated from here so let me try and give you the condensed version….

Stella lives in Santa Barbara about 90 miles north of LA and one of her daughters, Pauline lives in Colorado with her husband and her daughter Ashley.

I have not met them yet but Ashley is a nationally ranked tennis player and was selected out of hundreds of kids, she is 12 years old, to attend a prestigious and expensive tennis clinic in LA for three months.  During this time she would also travel around the States competing in tennis competitions…she plays in the under 16 age bracket.

So it happens that tomorrow Ashley is in a tournament in La Quinta, which is close to Palm Springs ….so she and her Mum and Stella’s other daughter, Caron, who I do know well, are already down in La Quinta…so Stella is staying in Pauline's rented condo in Marina del Rey which is where I am but the problem is finding a place for Ramona.  Right across the street is a great public pay parking lot except the big sign says no sleeping in vehicles and no RV’s between 3am and 6am…..so what we arranged is that I am going to stay in Ramona and if during the night I get knocked up try and plead my case or if that fails, drive around for a couple of hours.  It is really hard this is a huge community and just no where to park.

So it is 11.30pm and I am off to bed and will see what happens.

Tomorrow the plan is Stella will drive her car to La Quinta and I will take Ramona and apparently it is a much smaller town with lots of parking..so we will see….. and then we will cheer Ashley on for the next few days!!!

 

Now it is Saturday 7th April just after noon and I am in a McD’s parking lot using their free Wi-Fi…..so to catch up I had a great sleep not disturbed as I thought I might be and all was swell until I saw the ticket on my windshield!!!!!

$63 dollar fine for being in the lot!!!!

Their was a reply envelope so I just wrote a two page letter explaining my circumstances and the fact I was not blatantly ignoring the signs  and begging for leniency…see what happens.

When I looked at the map to see where La Quinta is I realized that Stella and I had a mis-understanding because I was only 50 miles from La Quinta when I set off yesterday for LA   so if we had communicated properly Stella could have driven there today from her home and we all could have saved the headaches of LA..never too old to learn!!!

So now I am heading to la Quinta to meet this budding tennis star and her Mum and she plays her first game tomorrow……..again I will try and post when I can!!!

Map picture

Happy Easter Sunday to all!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Please pay the ticket Les. Nobody knows how to read at the other end, they only know how to put you in jail. The next time you drive though California they will.

The Marina is one of the most sensitive places for parking an RV. If you had moved into an obscure residential neighborhood you would have been fine. Also there is a beach RV area about 4 miles south at Dockweiler RV Park that is smack on the beach.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...