Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday 19th May 2010…….Kelowna bound….

Yesterday I spent on the soccer field again and I enjoyed the three games the skill level of the High school girls was quite good.

I took the 9pm ferry last to Vancouver and then drove till midnight and I stopped overnight in the parking lot of the Visitor Service centre in Chilliwack.  I have stayed here before and it is very quiet and safe.

At 9am this morning I was back on the road and just outside of Hope I went here…

may19 037 This where the Othello Tunnels are located which was used in the film Rambo-first blood.

may19 029

This is Ramona in the parking lot

may19 006

and these are the photos of the tunnels and the raging river.  If anyone is in this area I strongly suggest a visit here, it is very impressive……

may19 009

may19 015

may19 017

may19 030

may19 033

may19 036

It was so interesting to walk this trail and see the engineering feat of the workers back then.

It was then back on the road and onto Kelowna.

may19 039

may19 041

may19 040

I am staying with my friends until Friday….so another good road trip…..

Breaking news the satellite situation for Sara is resolved apparently the over grown trees were the issue….so good news Sara can watch Oprah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...