Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday 12th May 2010…”all my bags are packed and I’m ready to go…leaving on a float plane” …..sorry about that couldn’t resist.

So if living in this very remote small community and one of the highlights is the arrival of the float plane every second day and then the arrival once a week of the Uchuck boat imagine the great reception the helicopter gets when he arrives once every three weeks!!!!!!

may12 005

may12 006

may12 008

may12 012

I have never been that close to a landing helicopter before and Sara had warned me about the noise and the gusts from the rotors so imagine my shock when as the helicopter was landing the force of the gusts lifted up the small boat which was on the dock and flipped it into the water!!!

may12 014

Three of us managed to get it back on the dock, bail it out and then flip it over and tie it down as you see in this photo..

may12 015

So the doctor is on the chopper and the clinic is full of patients so Sara will be very busy but I am hoping she can skip away by 1.15pm to take me over to the float plane…

So what an incredible two weeks here so lovely and remote and filled with a rugged beauty.  It has been great being with Sara and I am informed that the satellite techie will be out on Friday to fix the dish so that will be great for Sara to have entertainment in the evenings and weekends…

Gotta run…….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...