Sunday, May 23, 2010

Friday 21st May 2010…a long post!!!

As I am without Internet for the weekend I shall  post each day as I go then it will be a long but hopefully interesting read.

Friday morning Larry and I started the morning with a walk around Mission Creek it was a lovely and warm day and the river still flowing very rapidly.

may21 002

may21 004

may21 005

We arrived home to a lovely cooked breakfast and then I helped …OK OK I didn’t help I just handed Larry the tools and he finished the cabinet construction that we started yesterday.

I left about 1pm for the drive to Vernon and then onto Kamloops.  I want to thank Gail and Larry for all their kindness to me yet again it is very rewarding to have such special friends.

Decided to stop at the Visitors Service centre in Vernon and ask about good hikes in the area.  I strongly recommend anyone travelling to use these centres, the same goes for the USA,  they are a wealth of information.  The lady directed me to this place…

may21 011

about a 5 minute drive from down town.

It was a lovely hike enjoy the photos…

may21 013

may21 014

may21 018

The hike ended at the waterfalls which were about 70 feet high but not to clear to get a good photo..

may21 020

Back on the road arriving in Kamloops about 5pm.  Kamloops is the

may21 024

and here is the park where the majority of the games are being held.

may21 025

I have been coming to this tournament for the last 7 years and know where to park Ramona.

may21 026

A quiet spot close to the river and across the road are the soccer fields.

may21 027

may21 028

So I am settled in for the night.. ate the pie Gail sent with me, watched a movie and now time for bed.  My first game is at 8.30am in the morning.

Just want to mention how proud I am of Sara… this afternoon she took 6 small girls from the Reserve in the boat to a small Island close by where she cooked hot dogs and marsh mallows and then had a little education session with them on how they should be expected to be treated by boys.  I know those girls love to go out with her……more tomorrow!!

It is now Saturday and I am happy to say it is my birthday and yes I am 62 years young!!!!!!  I celebrated early this morning at 7.30am when I woke up and went outside to the bathroom and I have no idea how but I locked myself out of Ramona….Happy Birthday!!!!

Being the smart cookie that I am I have a spare key hidden on the outside and I was able to retrieve that and was back inside within a few minutes…I figured my day could only get better.

I want to thank Sara for making my birthday special even though we weren’t together and also Heather and Kirby and the boys for the lovely gifts.

My first game was at 8.30am and we did the whole gamut of weather from very cold and wet to warm and sunny.  I did 6 games altogether but the best one was the last one when I was asked to fill in for a no show referee on a girls under 12 years game.   They play on a smaller pitch surrounded by loud and good tempered parents and it was a delight to ref a game with no dissent, to see the girls having so much fun and playing the game in the spirit it is supposed to be played.

may22 001

may22 003

I finished the last game at 7pm so it was a long day but a good one.  Ramona is so comfortable and I  had a long hot shower, ate a dinner I had frozen last week,  had tea and then watched a movie.

So a good day and now a good nights sleep before my 5 games tomorrow…..I wish you all a very happy and safe long weekend.

It is now 9am Sunday morning and all my games today are at a different venue, a local high school and I can get Internet…hope you enjoy the read….

2 comments:

Croft said...

When you get time Les, how about a post on the Solar Panel Saga?

mexicokid said...

still never got time to get my guy ti fix, it is top of my list when i get home cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...