Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sunday 9th May 2010….Happy Mother’s Day!!!

I would like to wish all Mothers reading this blog a wonderful and happy Mother’s Day…..this is one of my special days of the year and a time when I pay tribute to my Mum who was the most remarkable woman I have ever met.

mumMy Mum and I maybe around 1968!!

HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY!!!!

 

 

Sara informed me yesterday  over wonderful home made waffles that this was going to be the celebration of my birthday as we will not be together on the day…so I was given a wonderful birthday cake and gifts.

may8 001 This is probably the dopiest photo of me ever…

lovely cake..may8 003

and special gifts…

may8 004

may8 006

The day was sunny, quite warm and calm and we decided to spend the day out in the kayaks.  After packing up the boats we were soon on the water.

may8 007

Our destination was about a one hour paddle away but because of the tides required us to portage, I love that word, portage…..what it really means is we get out of the kayak and carry the thing over to the next stretch of water where the real fun begins…..getting back into the kayak!!!!

These photos speak for themselves….

mmm 008

mmm 009

mmm 010

mmm 011

Made it!!

Of course someone else is quite proficient at this…

may8 008

It was a lovely paddle and we saw quite a few eagles and other birds and sea otters.

may8 015

may8 014

may8 009

may8 018

The beach we were going to come ashore at had a little wave motion and at the risk of some form of bodily injury to myself I will not  mention that Sara does seem to have her hair wet!!!

may8 019

For some “unknown” reason Sara decided she needed to change into some dry clothes and then we spent a wonderful time on the beach having lunch and then beach combing but alas no glass balls!

may8 022

may8 025

may8 026

may8 035

may8 021

mmm 019

mmm 016

We had a great afternoon and around 5pm we loaded up and with a little help from Sara I got back in the kayak and we headed for home arriving back around 8pm…it was a great day and thanks Sara for a wonderful birthday!!!!

Sara had a call at 9pm to attend a young girl that had fallen on some rocks and at 10pm when I thought we were going to settle down out came my birthday cake again this time smothered in hot custard, my very favourite. Now I was sure we were going to settle down and  watch a movie…but no out came the baking pans and Sara decided she was going to bake bread and cinnamon buns…I must say her bread is the very best I have ever tasted.

So at 1.30am the last of the bread and buns were completed and we just had to sample one……

Thanks Sara for a special and great day!!!!

OK you Mums out there put your feet up and relax…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...