Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday 30th April 2010……early start

for my trip to Kyuquot at 8.15am I left the house on the Bank and the drive up to Gold River was a good one.  On the way the road leads through Strathcona Park

apr30 007and the views around the lake are spectacular!!

apr30 002 

apr30 003

apr30 005

apr30 004

I arrived in Gold River at the float plane terminal at noon ready for the 12.30pm flight on this baby…

apr30 014

Everything looks Ok to me…

apr30 015

lets get going..

apr30 019

How can you get lost with one of these??

apr30 021

Some of the views…. the weather changed from sunny to cloudy to wet!!!!

apr30 025 Fish farm…

apr30 030

apr30 038

Soon we were landing in Kyuquot..

apr30 044

It was lovely to see Sara waiting at the dock for me…the location of the Outpost and her residence is on a small island so she has a boat and this is us arriving at the dock.

apr30 047

After we unpacked it was time for tea at the kitchen table….this is our view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apr30 048

So all is well it was a good journey and it reinforces in my mind just what an incredible Island I live on and how lucky I am to be surrounded my magnificent vistas……

I am still waiting for Sara to say to me…”just kidding of course I have the Satellite TV working and of course you can watch the big hockey game tomorrow”!!!!!    Oh well I cannot have everything……

Cannot believe this is the last day of April it seems so long since we were in Mexico…..wish you all a great weekend…..Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...