Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday 24th April 2010…Saturday morning musings….

I have to tip my hat to the Vancouver Canucks hockey team they beat my Kings last night quite easily and it wasn’t fun be in the Anderson house hold surrounded by raucous Canuck fans…I almost had to leave by the back door!!!!

After the game at 10pm I drove down to the ferry terminal for the Salt Spring Island ferry where I had a great sleep even though it rained most of the night.  I was in line for the 8am ferry this morning

apr24 001 

apr24 002

It is a 20 minute ride to the island and I then came down to the main town.

apr24 007

Took some photos of the small harbour.

apr24 006

apr24 008

apr24 010

Each Saturday there is a farmer’s market

apr24 012

apr24 013

I do understand the economics of a small market and it is an interesting one but the prices are so very high.

This is what I shall be doing this weekend

apr24 015

on the soccer field

apr24 016

I have three games today and then three tomorrow.  So after the games I shall relax shower, have supper and watch a movie.  I know a good quiet place where I can spend the night.

My last game tomorrow will finish in time for me to get the 4pm ferry back and then home in time for another hockey game.  If Vancouver win they move onto the next round.  If my Kings pull off a victory the series will be tied at 3 games each then they play the deciding and final game on Tuesday evening.

Hi Sara hope you have a good day and get chance to get out on the water.

Wish all my readers a great weekend…

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Our old stomping grounds. We lived on Salt Spring for twenty years when we first came out from Manitoba.
I agree, the market prices are very high.
Enjoy, it is a pretty little island, but so changed in twenty years.
Elaine in Saltair

mexicokid said...

It is still one of my favourite places, thanks for following my blog!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...