Friday, April 09, 2010

Friday 9th April 2010…sunny again

Did a repeat of yesterday morning taking Sara to the hospital then coming back to the hotel and checked out.  The gentleman that has filed my taxes the last few years lives in Comox so I took all my papers to him and he e filed my taxes, so I am all done there and expect to get 38 dollars back!!!!

I then took another route and walk and again very pretty …

arp9 005

arp9 007

arp9 009

arp9 013

I then picked up Sara at the hospital and we came back to Duncan.

So as the week closes in I get a chance to reflect back on my winter and obviously having Sara in my life and travels has made a huge difference and she has been a wonderful friend and we have travelled very well together and I want to say thank you to her.  We have a great summer planned and it should be a journey all of it’s own.

I drove close 14000km and apart from the last trouble in Vegas Ramona was again incredible.  Almost 45000 miles in three years, over 450 nights of sleep and I have enjoyed every minute.

Bonita, my scooter, was a huge asset this year and I put 2500km on her and used her almost every day in SMA.  I have now mastered taking her on and off the back of Ramona and can do it either way in 5 minutes.

I loved the inter actions with Paola and Daniela and all the other girls at Casa Hogar and glad I  was able to help out in a small way with driving the girls to school.  They are a huge part of my life and I get so much out of spending time around them.

All my great friends and special mention to Linda and Guy for letting me stay at their Casa again.  Barb and Frank are always so nice to me except when we play Mexican Train!!!  Norma and Croft again treat me so well…Gail and Larry we had a fabulous time in Rincon…..the new friends I met and hope to meet again, you are all so great,  thanks.

My family on the Bank have been and continue to be so awesome and a huge part of my life and the way they open their home to me is so special, thanks!!!

You hear so many horror stories of travelling in Mexico and I admit the border towns are bad and also some problems further south, I don’t hide my head in the sand but I have never felt unsafe and again remind everyone my scooter was attempted to be stolen in Vegas, not the 5 months I was in Mexico!!!

The local people I met, their kindness and sharing continues to amaze me…..I had such a great winter….. gone 145 days, one morning of feeling blue and sorry for myself and no days of sickness…

I have so much to be thankful for and I am….again thanks for stopping by and reading these musings, thanks for the comments and words of encouragement….

Have a great weekend….Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...