Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday 7th August 2009…..dreary day in the US of A

One of the reasons for coming down to the States was to re-apply for my Nexus Card which was taken off me the last time I crossed the border.  The card enables me to avoid the horrendous traffic line ups at the border and use the Nexus crossing.  Apparently new cards were made and sent out to everyone but mine for some reason did not reach me so I had to apply for the new card.  So I had to join the regular Joe’s and Jean’s in the normal line up this morning.Bellimgah 004

After a wait of about 45 minutes a new card was issued and will be mailed to me (I hope).

Then it was down to Camping World for shopping.   I thought I was back in good old Blighty when this passed me.Bellimgah 005

Next was the strawberry stand with many happy memories of all the stands I stopped at in Mexico.Bellimgah 007

I finished up in this small little townBellimgah 008

I like small town America…a few photos of La ConnerBellimgah 009

Bellimgah 010

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bellimgah 011

I found this great place to park, a school bus yard close to a soccer field, very quiet and safe or I hope so….Bellimgah 020

About 4 weeks ago I decided to get myself the services of a personal trainer.  I felt that it was time to develop my core and upper body and I wanted a program that I could follow whilst on the road.  I don’t want to become Mr.Nanaimo just to get healthier and Jon at Full on Fitness has been working with me and he is very good and the only piece of equipment I use is thisBellimgah 019 so tonight was the first challenge to do my routine whilst on the road all I need is space and a pole or a tree.Bellimgah 014

Bellimgah 015

 

 

 

 

 

 

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This next photo might cause some of my female readers some palpitations, please sit down and hold onto your chair!!!!!Bellimgah 018 That is not grey hair on my chest the camera was malfunctioning!!!!!!

Found if I parked outside the local library I could connect to the Internet, hence the blog tonight.

Now I am going back to my parking spot for tea and cookies and a movie…….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...