Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wednesday 4th February…..a little problem

Today is moving day so after breakfast and saying good bye to Barb and Frank( don’t fret I shall be back in 6 days!!) Ramona and I hit the road to go up north on the coast towards P.Vallarta.

I stopped first at the gas station in the local village needed some gas and a bit of air in some of the tires.  When I got back on the highway there was a horrible noise from outside and I stopped about 100 yards down the road got out and looked around but could not see anything that could be making the noise.  Started her up again went  a few feet and the noise was still there, stopped at once.  this time I was able to see the problem.  This 

IMG_3815

was firmly embedded in between the dual wheels at the rear near side.

I tried to pull or push it out but it wouldn’t budge.  There was a car wash close by and I went and borrowed a large metal pipe but still could not dis- lodge the critter.  I was now covered in sweat and dirt and thinking to myself don’t panic, what would my Dad do??

After a few more minutes or pushing and banging I figured the best way was to deflate the tires and then try to move the rock.  So I did that and was able to pull the rock out.  I was able to turn around and slowly drive back to the gas station and inflate the tires and about one hour later than planned I was on my way.

Some scenes along the road.IMG_3801

Bananas..IMG_3803

A very polite sign at the Military check point.IMG_3804

Local farm workers.IMG_3805

IMG_3807

After three hours of driving I was hot and tired and needed a swim so I stopped at an old haunt of mine, the lovely town of Barra de Navidad, love that name.

This is a beautiful beach town, very quiet and only a little bit touristy.IMG_3809

IMG_3814

The church was just being built when I was here last.

IMG_3817

IMG_3819

 

 

 

 

 

 

The flowers on the altar were simply beautiful.IMG_3821

IMG_3825

The big posh Grand Bay hotel.IMG_3826

Local folk..IMG_3823

IMG_3828 Went for a walk down the Malecon and to the pier and saw this large ray in the water close to the rocks, not very clear but it is there.IMG_3832 IMG_3836

IMG_3829

 

 

 

 

 

 

I remember the sunsets here being quite beautiful, why don’t you enjoy one with me..IMG_3841

IMG_3842

IMG_3845 

IMG_3849

I am now all cleaned up, had supper and in Ramona and we are parked on a quiet side street where we will spend the night and continue on towards P.Vallarta in the morning a drive of about 4 hours.

 

I think 24 hours is long enough for you all to think that I caught that fish in yesterday’s blog.  Can’t you see the the horrible look on my face, the fish had been on the beach a while and the stench was awful…..cannot believe how gullible some of you are, bet I got you Mary, Barb and Heather I always do!!!!

Have a great evening….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...