Sunday, February 01, 2009

Life really is a beach..at least for me it is now

February already and another beautiful morning.  Now you may be thinking that I have it really easy just being a beach bum but I assure you there are chores that have to be done.  Today was wash day.IMG_3756

IMG_3757

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today is the first day that I am going to use my new fishing rod and catch supper for everyone in the RV park!!!

So I packed up and headed down the beach maybe a mile to the rocks where I hoped to land the big one!IMG_3758

IMG_3759

 

 

 

 

 

 

I did have local competition..IMG_3760

IMG_3761

Now I must be honest and tell you my first cast was quite disastrous as my line came back minus weight and hook.  After fixing that problem my next cast got caught in the rocks, so I jumped in and retrieved my hook.  Wasn’t having any luck but I was enjoying myself and decided it was time for lunch.

Then back to the rock and the cast was perfect and right away I knew I had caught the BIG ONE!!!  My very first fish!!

IMG_3763

IMG_3765

His name is Fred and he was immediately photographed and thrown gently back into the ocean.  I am not going to brag and tell you he was over two feet in length and weighed 30 pounds……BUT he was my first fish and I felt very proud.  In actual fact he was a very pretty fish about 6 inches long!!!

I spent four hours out there fishing, swimming and sunbathing and had a great afternoon.

Barb and Frank are so kind to me and again cooked supper, this time great burgers.IMG_3766

Then my neighbours invited me to watch the second half of the Super Bowl on their satellite TV.  It was an exciting last quarter, sorry Mary Kay your team did not win!!!

So ends another great day, blessings from the beach Bum…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...