Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday 16th February….Staff got a workout today..

I don’t often mention Staff, my bike, I know everything has a name, but decided to go on a bike ride.

The travel books tell me there is a cycle path, which I have actually seen,  just on the outside of Zit that goes all the way to Ixtapa and to the Marina, so that was the plan.

Loaded up with food and drinks I was off by 9.30am after getting through town I was soon on the path.IMG_4074 As you can see from the above photo the first part is a good cardio workout.IMG_4076

The path is a great one and goes beside the highway for the first little but soon I was away from the traffic and into a very beautiful residential zone.IMG_4077

Soon the path splits and left goes to the Marina and right goes to Playa Linda through an ecological reserve.  I decided to go right first then on the way back check out the Marina.

IMG_4078

This was a beautiful ride and very quiet I was the only bike around.IMG_4079

This sign I think is quite easy to readIMG_4083

IMG_4081

 

 

 

 

 

 

Didn’t see anything more dangerous than this.IMG_4080

Soon the path came to an end and there was a RV park here, otherwise known as a concrete jungle.IMG_4082

I returned the same way then turned towards the Marina.IMG_4084

IMG_4085

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soon the high rise hotels began to appear and I decided it was time for a swim.  So I found my way to the beachIMG_4086 and settled here for a few hours.

IMG_4087

IMG_4088

This strawberry popsicle was a welcome relief.IMG_4089

I did some walking, eating, reading and yes snoozing before heading back into Zit.

Passed the local soccer stadium and caught this goal keeper playing a great game.IMG_4090

IMG_4091

On the ride up the hill towards the Rv park the sun was just going down.IMG_4092

IMG_4094

Had a great cold shower, don’t know if I have mentioned before but the showers here are cold water and at first I thought there is no way but now they are a welcome relief and I really enjoy them.

When I was in England in October brought back some special soups and tonight I had a lovely mint lamb soup.

Now sitting outside where it is so pleasant and so ends another great day.  I think I rode about 15 miles and as yet no sore parts, ask me again tomorrow…Pura Vida

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...