Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday 12th February…I think I solved another problem

I know some of my readers, well Annie actually, complain and give me grieve about my comments on the weather so here is what I have decided to do.

For the next 30 days assume that I wake up to a lovely morning, clear skies, warm sunshine and that is hot all day and in the evenings a nice breeze and so great to sit outside.

Glad I got that sorted…when for my run this morning, according to the travel guide the La Ropa beach is a mile from end to end and ran it twice there and back so did about 4 miles.  Then had a swim and came back and had a leisurely breakfast and did some odd jobs setting Ramona up for the month.

Packed a lunch, the chair, MP3 player, book, pillow and towel and off to the beach.

Zit and its neighbouring town Ixtapa are about three miles apart and Zit is a laid back smaller town.  Where as Ixtapa is one of those manufactured towns, like Cancun, built in 1970 for the tourists and the big cruise ships.

This sight greeted me at the beach todayIMG_4014 

IMG_4015 IMG_4018

 

IMG_4016

This looks like a peaceful scene??IMG_4017

WRONG!!!!

This was amazing here I was settled in my chair I had been reading, then had a snooze then woke up to find these folks camped close to me.  You cannot tell by this photo but it was quite windy today and sudden wild gusts came up from time to time.  I think I fell off to sleep again then woke up just as a sudden gust came up and lifted their beach umbrella straight out of the ground and propelled it towards me at a fast rate of speed.  This is not made up, it came flying towards me pointy end aimed at my chest and I manage to put my hand out and grab before it hit me.  I was so shocked out how fast it roared towards me and completely amazed at how fast I was able to shoot out a hand and catch it before it pinned me to the chair.  Can you imagine the headlines “Canadian beach bum sleeping on beach pierced through the heart by stray beach umbrella”.  The couple were so apologetic and I just laughed it off, close call!! 

IMG_4021Back home got the table set for dinner.

IMG_4022BBQ chicken, carrots, toms and potato(thanks Barb for telling me how to quickly cook that), even had a buddy.IMG_4024

The owners of the Villas invited me over to play Mexican train, I didn’t let on that I was the Mexican Train Champion, good job because I didn’t win.

So ends my first full day in Zit and of course a great one it was too.

Those of you who know me also know that soccer and refereeing soccer games are a huge passion with me.images For years I have been involved in the local referee’s association and have taken pride in my jobs there one of which was conducting monthly education meetings for the junior referees.  These kids are our future and it was a great thrill each month to see about 20 kids show up to the meetings.  About 6 years ago one of these kids, Matt N, was a handful in the meetings, he was tall, handsome and very funny and I knew I had to be on top of my “game” with him.  I have watched Matt grow in the refereeing community and my one dream has always been to have one of “my” kids make it to the top in the referee circuit.  I have officiated with and watched Matt do games and he is a natural.  So imagine my pride and admiration when I received an e mail yesterday from Matt’s Dad telling me that Matt has been appointed to line a Vancouver Whitecaps Exhibition game in April.  To my knowledge this is the highest honour for a local referee and I publicly want to congratulate Matt on this great achievement.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...