Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday 11th February…new home for a month

After a wonderful Barb breakfast left La Placita and headed down the coast and 6 hours later Ramona has a freezer and fridge full of food and I am in

IMG_3985 I don’t know if it is called karma or something else but I do have this mantra of a favourite song called “Live like you were dying” by Tim McGraw and I have wrote about it here a few times.  The last time I mentioned this song was back on November 25th last year when I was approaching San Miguel, I was coming over the hill into the town and this song played on my radio and I thought what a great omen for me.  Well this afternoon I am about 10 miles from Zit when the same song came on the radio again, definitely good vibes for this trip.

The place where I am staying is really a small villa with a huge gravel parking lot that the owner has converted into a small RV park, room for 5 rigs.  Ramona is well settled and happy to have a month’s rest.IMG_3987 I have full use of the beautiful swimming poolIMG_3989

IMG_3993 IMG_3990

This is the villaIMG_3994

I am a two minute walk from this lovely beach called Playa La Ropa.IMG_3995 The name comes from the 16th century when a Spanish Galleon sunk in the bay and the cargo was clothes, shirts and dresses, which washed ashore, hence the name.

IMG_4000

My end of the beach is quiet and the other end is more developed. IMG_4002

IMG_4005

This little baby keeps the tourists in check!!!IMG_3999

So I am taking a walk on  the beach when these three women approach meIMG_4001 oh boy the stories my mind could weave around this one……OK OK the true story is I was walking on the beach when these three women approached me and asked if I could take their picture for them with their camera and of course I said yes.  So I took their picture then they said could I take it with another camera and of course I said yes.  So I took their picture again and they said would I mind doing the same thing with the third camera so of course I said yes.  Then I said to them may as well take you with my camera too, so I did, end of story!!

Well there is a new addition to the Pearson clan!!!!!  Bid a warm welcome to Bram the Boogie board( I have named him after my Uncle Bram!).IMG_3986

Sit back please and enjoy the first Zit sunset.IMG_4003 IMG_4008

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_4012 

IMG_4013

So ends my first day,  I am here till 11th March and I intend to do a lot of running, walking, boogie boarding, swimming, reading, listening to music and generally having a bit of a holiday, that sounds funny every day is a holiday for me.

I get so many e mails telling me how much you enjoy my blog and that makes me very happy and I am glad you can share my journey.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...